Following my live conversation with It’s a Slot Machine on Sunday, my episode of the Assorted Conversations podcast has just dropped. Assorted Conversations, hosted by Helen and Maureen, features a broad array of different people and experiences, and as such each episode focuses on a new and different topic.
So it’s not surprising that in a 45 minute chat we run through a wide array of topics around what I cover here at Know Your Slots. It makes for an info-packed conversation, with some great questions from Helen and Maureen that I think many players have! The topics we covered include:
- Tips for those new to casinos
- Why a player’s card is so important
- Tier multipliers and their value
- Why it pays to understand casino programs
- My earliest gambling experiences
- How a slot machine works, including the RNG
- Discussion of various superstitions people believe
- Setting rules for the casinos to ensure you don’t overspend
- Some YouTube channels I recommend to get to know slots
- Recording slot play on the casino floor
Helen’s more of a casino player than Maureen, so one of the nice side effects of that is that they had different perspectives going into the conversation, and different sorts of things on their mind. So whether you’re a newer player looking to better get to know how various things work, or a more veteran player looking for tips, this interview should check all the boxes.
We packed a lot into our conversation, and that tends to be the case in each Assorted Conversations episode, so I highly encourage you to not only check out the episode I’m in, but also check out their entire library of episodes posted so far. New episodes post weekly on Wednesdays, and the topics are varied and diverse.
And if you enjoyed this week’s conversations, or had a question you hope will be addressed in the future, please share in the comments! Reader ideas drive many of the topics that show up on the site, and so I’m always open to suggestions.