My Myths vs. Reality section is full of articles on common myths some believe, and the reality behind them. The myths range from urban legends to “common knowledge” items that aren’t actually going on.
While each of my posts takes on one in turn, I recently came around to re-watching a pair of casinos from the American Casino Guide team’s YouTube channel that covers 10 really good myths, and shares some of the information they’ve surfaced over the years.
Part one, as seen above, covers five common myths:
- “Someone Else One My Jackpot” – you get up, someone else sits down, and they win big.
- What symbols you pick in a bonus round doesn’t matter because it’s predetermined – and how you can really tell, as a general rule
- Machines know when you lower your bet and pay out more when you do
- You can effect the outcome of a spin by stopping the reels early
- Using your player’s card lowers your chances of winning
Part two, seen above, covers the following topics:
- Machines by the aisles or doors are looser
- Casinos tighten up slots on the weekends
- Machine hasn’t hit in awhile, or has hit big, the reverse will happen now
- If a machine pays a certain percent, if you bet $100, you’ll get that percentage back (ie: 93 percent, $93)
- You should always bet max coins on a slot machine
These are 10 great choices of common topics players get caught up around, and the reality of each.
If you find those tips helpful, the American Casino Guide YouTube channel is packed with other great video tutorials and topics. The channel now has more than a decade of great videos covering a lot of great topics around slots, table games and more. Most of the videos are relatively short and easy to digest, great for those learning about various aspects of casino games.