The American Casino Guide book is something I’ve talked about on the site many times, and I’m a big fan of the work Steve Bourie and his son Matt do to keep gamblers informed, offer good recommendations to making the most out of their casino visits, and bust casino myths along the way.
While the namesame book has been discontinued, they continue to develop great content for players, especially on their YouTube channel, with a lot of it being educational in nature to help players become savvier – a mission after my heart.
So it was a great thrill when I recently heard from Steve inviting me to join them for a conversation on their YouTube channel.
The primary theme of the conversation was about casino comps, which is always a popular topic for players, and how to maximize your opportunity with them.
But we packed a lot of topics into a half hour conversation, which included:
- Why you should (almost) always use your players card
- When you shouldn’t use your card
- The differences between Mlife and Caesars around comps
- Upcoming changes with the launch of MGM Rewards
- New national programs coming out
- Getting offers from other places using your existing offers
- Tier matching benefits and how that changes with more national programs
- Talking about theoretical loss and average daily theo
- What triggers a gaming day
It was a fun conversation, and I hope the information proves valuable to all of you! With any luck, we’ll get to chat about other topics in the future. What tends to be fun with conversations like these is we’ve all got experiences and ideas to share, so it tends to bring some great
If you have topics you’d love to see covered, please feel free to post your questions and ideas in the comments!