It’s been a fun couple of months outside of the site itself, as I’ve been invited to join a variety of conversations by some very talented online media broadcasters, and have had some enjoyable and engaging conversations.
One of the latest was with Tim Lawson of The Bettor Life, who has a longstanding podcast he does for gamblers. As Tim mentions during the show, he’s become more interested in slots recently, so it led to a great conversation about them.
One thing I love about conversations like this was the pacing is brisk, so we were able to hit upon a lot of different ideas throughout the interview, including:
- My first exposure to gambling
- My first gambling experience as an adult at Foxwoods
- Why slots can be attractive for newer casino visitors
- Other games I like to play
- Do I sports bet?
- A bit about Know Your Slots and its history
- What types of games draw me in
- How to understand a game when they walk up to one
- What surprised me early that I learned about slots
- Advantages to playing slots
- Visiting a new property and the casino welcome offer
- Tier card matches
- Offers and casino hopping
- How I find information that ended up on the site, beyond knowing people
- Foxwoods vs. Mohegan Sun in terms of properties
- What I look for in a property
- First impression and current impression of Virgin Las Vegas
- Would I be into slots as much if there wasn’t a players club to benefit from?
- My experience with the Global Gaming Expo
- Tipping using a machine printing a voucher
- My gripes with cashless gaming as it exists today
- How long it might take before cashless is the core scenario used in a casino
- A bit about slot channels, saturation, and what you can get out of it
- The pandemic and working on content
- Why even the big slot channels might sweat the wins and losses
I really enjoyed chatting with Tim, and have enjoyed his podcast, so I highly recommend checking out The Bettor Life above and beyond this episode!